Students apply for the Cinematic Arts Academy along with the other Millikan academies between August and January for the following school year.
We are sorry, but due to the high number of applicants, students with incomplete applications or applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
School tours have ended for the 2016-2017 school year.
Check out the campus and have your questions answered about our academy and the application process.
The Cinematic Arts Academy application requires:
- Most recent standardized test scores
- Last two years of final grades
- One page essay by the student detailing why they are interested in the Cinematic Arts Academy
- A link to an example of their filmmaking
- Film should be 3-5 minutes in length
- Subject matter may include: Documentaries, Short Narratives, School Projects etc.
- Film must be written, directed, and edited by the student with minimal help from parents and teachers.
The application deadline for the 2016-2017 school year has passed.
- Applications are accepted between August 16, 2016 and January 31, 2017 online.
- Accept/Decline/Waitlist emails for the Cinematic Arts Academy will be sent in March.
- Waitlisted students will be notified by April 28, 2017 of availability in the Cinematic Arts Academy.
- If Millikan is your child’s school of residence, you are all set and do not need to apply for the Millikan Performing Arts Magnet lottery or the Millikan Affiliated Charter lottery.
- If Millikan is NOT your child’s school of residence, you need to apply to the Millikan Performing Arts Magnet lottery AND/OR the Millikan Affiliated Charter lottery.
- Not sure if Millikan is your school of residence? Find out here.
- The Deadline for the Magnet Lottery is November 10th.
- Application information for the Performing Arts Magnet is available here.
- The Deadline for the Charter Lottery is February 15, 2017.
- Application information for the Charter Lottery was posted on October 4, 2016.
- The Charter and Magnet Lottery Drawings are March 1, 2017,
- If your child’s school of residence is Millikan or they are selected in either of these lotteries; they are eligible for the Cinematic Arts Academy.
Review our FAQs for answers to many common questions or contact Karen Bennett.
Cinematic Arts Academy Director